Weekly News Roundup
My apologies for a delay in getting this week’s Weekly News Roundup posted; I volunteered at a Rescue Festival Adopt-A-Thon yesterday, and got very badly sunburned, and it messed up my schedule. ~ Morgen
- This week was such a mixture of happiness and sadness in the blogosphere, starting off with the lovely Grrreta, Chica and Au going to the Rainbow Bridge. They were followed to the Bridge by Remington, a friend to so many cats in the ‘sphere.
- Next came this week’s installment of The Carnival Of The Cats, and our own Daddy Mo posted instructions on how to make a Flat Cat.
- Dad Bellen from I Have Three Cats shared with us, ”Yesterday, March 5th, a disaster overtook a cat rescue-group in my town, Lethbridge, Alberta. It’s not the organisation with which I volunteer (The Lethbridge PAW Society). It is called The Last Chance Cat Ranch, and is run by Ms Elizabeth Ginn. Her house caught fire and burned in the late afternoon. A large number of cats were sheltered there, and the majority are missing, presumed dead. A fuller account of the fire is on my website (www.ihavethreecats.blogspot.
com). Ms Ginn lost everything but is devastated about the cats she loves. Donations are welcome.”
- Crepes from Cat In The Fridge reports, “I’m very pleased to announce my brand new feature called “Single Kitty Catalogue!” Each week, I will be profiling a single kitty who is looking for love. The kitty will be chosen from one of the shelters profiled by Cat In The Fridge and priority will go to kitties with special needs. Our first one happens this Thursday, when we profile the fabulous bachelor named D’Artagnan from Tabby’s Place. Check in to see what he has to offer!” Crepes is celebrating the launch of her series of interviews with cat sanctuaries and shelters that emphasize or promote special needs cats. Her very first interview is with a sanctuary called Tabby’s Place that specializes in giving homes to cats that are about to be euthanized at other shelters. This is a great milestone for Crepes, because it’s a giant step towards using her blog to get more exposure to special needs kitties and the organizations that support them. Stay tuned for more interviews and profiles in the near future at CatInTheFridge.com!
- Also this week, we welcomed a beautiful new blogger in the blogosphere, and her name is Silver. Her blog is I Love Silver Meow, and there are some great pictures and stories there already. Silver reports, “I’m a new kitty on the blog and the name is Silver Meow! I’m a 5 years young gray tabby! My favorite thing to do is Sleepz, Foodz and Dreamz …come check me out at my blog Silver Meow.” If you know of a new cat blogger out there, have them contact us at email@example.com so we can feature them here, too.
- Mom Toni of The Big Piney Woods Cats wrote: “She came to The Big Piney Woods eight years ago. She remains semi-feral, happy to be outdoors playing with bugs and watching the happenings on the pond. She stopped eating three days ago. Yesterday I visited her in her insulated bed in the wood shed and she didn’t run from me, this, in itself, isn’t like her. Today she had her back to me, in a meatloaf, unresponsive except I could see her breathing. Please purr for my Mistrie Rose. She is very ill.” Thursday night, Toni updated: “Purrs are working! She is better! Thanks so much.” We continue to pray that Mistrie Rose feels better.
- Zoolatry reported: “Recently, we sent out an email inquiring about a Thankful Thursday BLOG HOP … and many of you wrote back to say “when you find out, let me know” … so here we are with de-tales … and hoping that ONE-and-ALL will join in. You can join on a regular weekly basis (each Thursday), or just take part when you want. A weekly Thankful Thursday BLOG HOP begins each Thursday, and remains posted for a full week (so if you don’t get there on Thursday, you can still add your link on another day). PepiSmartDog is the host of this Blog Hop … click HERE to visit. On the right-hand sidebar, under Menu Categories, click HERE or click onBLOG HOP. Once you are on the BLOG HOP page, you can “Click here to enter …” and add a LINK to your own blog posting. You can copy/paste the code to your own blog, and all those participating for that week will show up as they post. Being part of a Blog Hop is a wonderful way to make new friends throughout the pet blogging world, and to share your own posts, photos and stories with other bloggers. Zoolatry, joined her first Thankful Thursday BLOG HOP this week and you can click HERE to see how it all works!
- The Funny Farmer Felines snagged an exclusive announcement from Bugsy and Knuckles of Max the Quilt Cat‘s blog. They are unveiling major changes today, in conjunction with the publishing of their interview on Mousebreath, an ezine written by cats. The Blues Brothers, Bugsy and Knuckles on Mousebreath is a must-read today.
- This week’s Shopping Saturday featured the one and only Sparkle and his fun Zazzle shop. Click here to read all about it.
- There was also a recall this week of Premium Edge & Diamonds Naturals cat foods. Read more here.
- There was more sad news at the end of the week, as the handsome Tigmut’hep and the beautiful Princess both went to the Rainbow Bridge.
- Yet there was also happiness, as The Royals got sprung from the shelter, and Mom Rhonda was able to take Emily home to Salt Lake City, and also get Brutus & Marigold into temporary foster care. Today, there is a Cuteheads transport that began in Miami, Florida and goes all the way up to New England, which will bring Brutus & Marigold up to Mom Laura, and also the special tabby Hagrid up to Mom Danielle. Read more about the transport here. We wish the very best for Emily, Brutus, Marigold, Hagrid, and the rest of the rescues that the Cuteheads are transporting, and say THANK YOU to all the Cutehead volunteers who made this happen.
- As we say good-bye to Au, Grrreta, Remington, Princess,Chica,and Tigmut’Hep this week, we send condolences to their families and wish them happiness and peace at The Rainbow Bridge.