Weekly News Roundup
* This week started with a very fun Carnival of the Cats: The Florida Furkids report that this week’s Carnival Of The Cats is now up and running! This is the 467th Carnival Of The Cats, and since the Florida Furkids live on the Space Coast of Florida, they have that as their theme. Click on over to the Carnival Of The Cats on the Friends FurEver blog and enjoy the fun and festivities!
* Then, suddenly we had such sad news: ML posted on her blog that QM Rose has passed away. Many will remember Rose as one of the original cat bloggers, Mom to Brutus, Marigold, and Emily. She was had opened her home to Gentleman Beau when Mom Cathy had passed away. Now, it is Brutus, Marigold, and Emily who need to be re-homed, urgently. You can read more details at ML’s & KC’s blog, and also at The Royals.
* Emily, Brutus, and Marigold, the three cats known as The Royals, found themselves without a home when longtime cat blogger QM Rose passed away. ML made sure the shelter they were taken to would not euthanize them, and then the challenge to re-home them began. As of right now, we know what shelter they are in. Transport is now being arranged. Emily will go to live with Mom Rhonda, Orion, and Sammy of Angel Junior, Orion & Sammy. Brutus & Marigold will be going to live with Mom Laura and Maxie of Lily Lu, Iris, and Maxie tell all. Both homes lost beloved members of the Cat Blogosphere family last year, Junior Babee and Lily Lu, respectively, so having The Royals being able to go to these homes is simply amazing and wonderful. Donations are needed for the boarding costs for these three cats. If you wish to donate directly to the boarding costs of getting The Royals out of the shelter (costs will be over $800), please donate directly via PayPal to lcrodgers at sbcglobal dot net As we learn details of the re-homing of Emily, Brutus & Marigold, we will keep you updated throughout the week.
* Some new cat bloggers joined the Cat Blogoshere: Rascal & Rocco are self described as “two insane cat brothers” and they have a brand new blog. Their Mom Leah says, “Here is the first post introducing my crazy cats: Cats In The Weirdest Places. There are a few more already, one of which I just added to the Carnival Of The Cats, and will definitely be many, many more hilarious stories, photos, and videos to come!” Rascal & Rocco also have a facebook page, for those of you on fb. Click on over and give a great big Cat Blogosphere welcome to Rascal & Rocco!
* Thursday was Squillions Day on the Cat Blogosphere: Gracie, the official Squillions Shelter Keeper, reports: “February 28th is Squillion Day! In celebration of this day the Squillion Shelter has had Rainbow VSquillions needing homes. We have adopted out a total of 56 at this time! The adoptions for Rainbow VSquillions are still open and we are taking requests until midnight of February 27th est. Then, the shelter will be close for a while and will soon open again for adoptions of regular, rainbow, and missy you VSquillions.”
* Gracie reported that her mom was having surgery, and needs your good thoughts and purrs. She stayed overnight at the hospital Wednesday and came home Thursday. She will be away from things, including my blog Goodness Gracie, for a few days while Gracie snuggles with her and gives her lots of Gracie time. We wish Gracie’s mom a speedy recovery, and are sending PURRS & PRAYERS to her. Please stop by Goodness Gracie and her a comment.
* Two of the Cat Blogosphere’s sweetest angels, Sniffie and Nimbus, celebrated their beautiful wedding day this week. Their beautiful wedding blog has a lovely post for them, and we hope you click on over and wish them the very best. Congrats, Sniffie and Nimbus.
* Chip and Tasha of Dachsies With Moxie have been fostering Snoopy, a lovely long-haired Dachshund. Now they want Snoopy to become a permanent member of their family! They need to raise some funds to help with the adoption fees so that Snoopy can stay in his Forever Home. They are holding a raffle that will run from March 1 to March 15 at Dachsies With Moxie. Former Mayor of Blogville, Frankie Furter, will announce the winner on March 17, and the winner will win a quilt. The quilt will be delivered be the end of April. Any funds raised beyond the $275 adoption fee will be donated to the DRNA (Dachshund Rescue of North America). More details and how to get raffle tickets are at Dachsies With Moxie. Please click on over to Dachsies With Moxie and get some raffle tickets today! Yay for Snoopy for finding his Forever Home!
* You may not be aware that the beautiful ladycats, Calypso and Zazou have a great blog, so the Funny Farmer Felines are pleased to introduce them. Yes, your Funny Farmer Feline reporters have once again asked the hard questions. When Calypso and Zazou began their blog in 2009, their goal was to take over the world. How are they accomplishing this? You can read this answer and other responses in their Mousebreath interview Calypso & Zazou Take Over the World. Don’t miss it on Mousebreath, the ezine for felines and their friends.
* If you would like to nominate The Cat Blogosphere for Best Blog Design for the BlogPaws Social Media & Pet Blogging Awards, please go to Blog Paws and click on the Best Blog Design graphic. Some information to know: Blog owner: Morgen Pittman, email News@CatBlogosphere.com. Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheCatBlogosphere, Twitter: @CatBlogosphere
* Nikita and Elvira of Meowsings Of An Opinionated Pussycat wish to report that Daddy Kiril has posted the latest on his medical situation on his own blog. He finally got his evaluation at MD Anderson and there is a lot to know about it and what happens next. Visit the Mad Macedonian to read the details.
* Mom Cheri from the Cats Of Wildcat Woods posted earlier that Chica is at the vet. She writes, “Our beloved Chica was having a very hard time breathing today so I took her to the vet I took Snowball. They did an x-ray. She has fluid around her lungs and in her abdomen. They aspirated the fluids from her lung area and she came thru that fine. She is still at the vet and I will go back to take her home tonight. I was not ready to put her down and we may be able to give her a diuretic to help this fluid from building up for a while.” Chica is in an oxygen tent at the vet to help with breathing, but hopefully will come home tonight. Mom Cheri later posted on facebook: “Chica is home and resting. The fluids indicated either heart disease or cancer. She cannot take any meds as she has CRF so I am trying an herbal diuretic and homeopathic remedies. One day at a time. Thank you all for the kind words.” Please stop by the Cats Of Wildcat Woods and leave a comment for Cheri and Chica, and send them some PURRS & PRAYERS.
* We ended the week with sad news: The lovely Grrreta has gone to the Rainbow Bridge, due to complications from feline diabetes. Please stop by her blog Grrreta and wish her family condolences.