Weekly News Roundup
The news roundup post is available anytime by clicking “News Roundup” in its tab on the very top of the blog, above the header. Click the post title to see the entire post from there.
- This week, we started the week very sadly by saying good-bye to Seth. We were very sad to learn that Seth from the Colehaus Cats ran off to the Rainbow Bridge. He was his Dad’s comfort cat and will be greatly missed by all those who loved him. His last message to his Dad brought tears to our eyes, and we hope it brings his Dad some comfort. If you can, please visit their blog and add some words of comfort of your own in a comment.
- Our friend Rhonda reports:
“Our wonderful woofie furiend, Remi, needs our purrs. A lump has been found under his tongue. He is headed for the vets thismorning. He is a big, floofy woofie who shares his home with kitties. Please purr for him.”
- Dante, Dylan and Domino’s Dad from Wendy’s 3D Cats needs purrs. The 3-D Dad is in hospital with acute pancreatitis and he’s in a lot of pain. Please visit their blog and leave some purrs and prayers.
- Eric from Our Life By Eric And Flynn hasn’t been feeling well lately, with symptoms including a loss of appetite. Recently, he received an appetite stimulant shot from his vet, who also drew blood for blood tests.
His Mom posted on facebook earlier, “We were hoping for the results on Tues evening but they hadn’t come back. Our vet doesn’t work at the surgery on Wednesdays so I am waiting until the morning to speak to him rather than someone else. Eric ate better today. He had a vitamin injection to help his appetite. We need to find out what is causing the muscle wastage though.”
Please visit Eric’s blog and send him some PURRS and PRAYERS.Eric’s Mom posted on facebook on Thurdsay: “I have spoken to the vet and Eric’s kidney and thyroid function is good, his liver is not functioning as it should be. There is an update on our blog.”
Check out the update at Our Life By Eric and Flynn to read about Eric’s blood tests.
- Asta of Asta’s World is had surgery on Friday.
Asta of is well known to so many of us ~ and along with parents Ami and George, is in need of as many purrs and prayers and crossed paws as possible! Thank you!
Gracie adds, “Asta is my adopted sister, and we are hoping everything turns out for the best. I appreciate everyone keeping her in their thoughts and prayers.” Asta is now home from the vet, and while preliminary results are good, they are awaiting test results. Please go to her blog and wish her a speedy recovery.
- Kevin, Sammy’s human dad says, “Could everybody please purr and pray for our sweet 19 year old kitty, Sammy? He’s been throwing up, has not been eating well, and just seems to not feel well.”
Sammy is staying at the vet for fluid therapy and bloodwork, and he’ll be there at least through Monday. His family is very worried about him. You can either leave a message here for him, or you can visit his blog at Animal Shelter Volunteer Life and leave a message there for him.
- In happier news, Hasbro Games decided to let online voters help to update the iconic game of Monopoly by letting them decide which longtime game token should be retired, and which game token would replace it. The choices of the new tokens were a cat, a toy robot, guitar, helicopter and diamond ring. Voters chose to retire the iron, and to replace it with a cat! You can read more of the story by clicking here.
- Our friends from JB’s Small World are interviewed by the Funny Farmer Felines over at Mousebreath.
- Cat Wisdom 101 has a giveaway going on for a PetMate top-loading carrier. This giveaway runs until midnight February 15th. Visit their site and check out the Rafflecopter to see how to enter. They have also extended their Gwen Cooper giveaway until February 16th, for two autographed copies of Cooper’s novel “Love Saves The Day.”
- Our featured cat blogger’s online shop this week was the Zazzle shop of Zee & Zoey. Their mom is Deborah Barnes, author of The Chronicles of Zee & Zoey – A Journey of the Extraordinarily Ordinary.
- There is still a special going on at 3Q Cosmetics just for cat bloggers. You can read more about that shop and get the code by clicking here.
- If you have a blog and want the updated graphic for your sidebar, you can find the HTML codes by clicking here.
- Don’t forget, if you’re on facebook, make sure to ‘like’ the Cat Blogosphere’s facebook page, and also follow us on Twitter @CatBlogosphere.
- And we continue to send PURRS to ML & KC.